15 September 2010

One day to go

Tomorrow morning I have my second chemotherapy session and I do not look forward to that. From what I understand the side effects can be cumulative, they can increase in intensity and number. Last time, during the first week, I was constantly nauseous, tired and lethargic, had a sore mouth, lost my appetite and had terrible headaches. The second week was better, I was feeling very tired, with absolutely no energy, but able to go out and have some relaxed fun. During the third week I started feeling normal and eating well, just very anxious and sleeping a bit more than usual. The only thing that ruined this week was the hair loss and having a very sore scalp. I don’t think I will be able to wear the cold cap this time, not only I have lost a significant amount of hair but my scalp is so sore I can’t even touch it.

Today I am going to the clinic for some pre-chemo blood tests. After that I plan to go to Le Pain Quotidian in Marylebone High Street and enjoy some delicious bread. Bread has been excluded from my diet but I allow myself a couple of naughty sins a week.

No comments: