Yes, I finally beat my laziness, and went to the gym! Last time I had been to the gym was in August, before chemo started. I know it is important to exercise at least a little, even when I am unwell but apart from my daily walks I haven’t been doing much. Even most of the housework has been delegated to the cleaning lady and to my husband. And it was thanks to S. that I went to the gym yesterday. He has been reminding me daily that exercising would do me good, I know he is right so I stopped using tiredness and sickness as an excuse and went. The oncologist also mentioned that some light exercise could reduce fatigue and so do all brochures about cancer and chemotherapy. I have to admit it made me feel good and I am definitely going on a regular basis now. I promise. I am not going to lift weights or cycle like crazy, but some 15 minutes on the cross trainer, 15 minutes on the bicycle, some arm and leg exercises, stretching and that’s it.
I am so out of shape, I feel like if all my muscles are gone. And I get breathless so quickly. After chemo and radiotherapy are finished I am going to get a personal trainer to help me get back in shape. I always exercised and it always made me feel good. I want to feel good again.
No comments:
Post a Comment