20 November 2010

5 down, 1 more to go

In general it was a chemo session like all the others. The highlight was my friend J.’s visit, which I loved and really appreciated, although my state of stress and anxiety probably didn’t make me the best company in the world yesterday. I wasn’t very chatty. I don’t know why I let myself get so down every time I have chemo. I should be stronger than that. It must be knowing what comes with it: pain, nausea, discomfort, fatigue, fear, worries, hair loss, nose bleeds, headaches, etc.

I normally have chemo on Thursdays, which is a quiet day at the Chemotherapy Day Unit, but this week I had it on Friday, apparently the busiest day there. It was noisy with all the machines beeping at the same time and people constantly walking around and chatting. It made me really tired. I was glad when it was over. As I was feeling relieved to be out of there and still feeling strong, S. and I decided to go for a scone at Le Pain Quotidien and to a furniture shop where we bought a lamp before heading home.

Today I feel ok, just very tired.

One thing is bothering me though, the blood tests show that I am slightly anaemic and I was advised to eat more red meat and other food rich in iron. I hope the levels don’t get any lower otherwise I will be one step closer to getting a blood transfusion. Not really what I need right now.

Have to go, there’s a delicious iron-rich dinner prepared by my beloved husband waiting for me.

No comments: