12 October 2010

Oh no, I’ve lost my appetite!

Terrible, unexpected, serious! Me, not hungry? Not enjoying food? Something must be wrong! Oh, yes, I almost forgot, chemo, of course.

It is so weird not to feel hungry and not enjoying what I eat.

In the morning it takes me more than half an hour to finish my porridge, one small spoon at the time, slowly, slowly. Then comes lunch, oh no, time for food again. And then tea time and then dinner. It is amazing how much we eat in a day.

My mouth is sore, my taste buds are kind of dormant, my tummy is funny and I don’t feel hungry. In fact, I feel sick.

The idea of going to a nice restaurant for a good meal doesn’t appeal to me anymore. I can even say no to ice-cream and chocolate. This is so unusual.

The normal me loves food, cooking (eating more than cooking, I admit!), recipe books, kitchen gadgets, big kitchens, cookware shops, watching cookery programmes, talking about food, trying new things and going out for dinner. I want the normal me back!

At the end of this “cancer era” there will be a big banquet which will not include beetroot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gisela, wat een feestelijk banket zal dat worden.
Anneke

Anonymous said...

NOTÍCIA NA REVISTA VISÃO
"1 Euro é a quantia que a Liga Portuguesa contra o Cancro receberá, por cada amigo conquistado na sua página do Facebook. A estreia da Liga na maior rede social do mundo faz-se a propósito de Outubro ser o mês da prevenção do cancro da mama. O objectivo é atingir os 80 000 amigos em 30 dias. Basta clicar

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Liga-Portuguesa-Contra-o-Cancro/155290007829500


Ricardo Monteiro

Unknown said...

Ja cliquei :)