21 May 2008
What shall I do with my books?
Most my books are in boxes in a storage room far from home. My oldest books are still at my parents, waiting for a lift home. Yes, my books have a home, my home. And I miss them. I am not planning to read them again but I like having them around. Books are heavy, take up a lot of space and they are a pain to dust, but I am not able to get rid of them. Every time I move I have to pack them, carry the boxes, unpack and find a place to put them. And the older I get, the more books I have. Maybe I should sell them and start going to a library, but I like being the first one opening a book and I hate finding someone else’s bread crumbs between the pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heb jij het niet dat je soms een zinsnede in een lang geleden gelezen boek even wilde nalezen? Ik heb vaak de plek voor ogen waar het staat. Links boven, rechts middenin. Helaas, ik heb er ook te veel, in een te klein huis, heel wat zitten in dozen, maar in welke?
Ik heb pas een boek maar opnieuw gekocht.
Anneke
Ja, daroom kan ik ze niet weggooien. En ik blijf boeken kopen.
Post a Comment